Hokies return to Thompson Field to face 7th Duke
NOIRSBOURG – The Virginia Tech lacrosse team (8-6, 2-4) returns home to Thompson Field on Thursday, April 7 for a 7 p.m. game against No. 7 Duke. The game can be seen on ACC Network.
The Hokies lost 18-8 to second-ranked Boston College last Saturday on the road. In this game, Sophie Student scored four goals, his sixth hat trick of the season.
Thursday April 7 | 7:00 p.m.
vs. No. 7 Duke (13-1, 4-1 ACC)
ACC Network (Drew Carter and Dana Boyle)
- Virginia Tech and Duke have met 25 times before and the Blue Devils have won 22 times. The first time these programs met was in 1997, and Tech earned their first series win in 2017, part of a three-game winning streak for the Hokies. Duke has won each of the last three meetings.
- In conference play, VT is 2-15 against Duke.
- VT’s only all-time ACC Tournament win came in 2018 when the Hokies beat the Blue Devils 13-12 on a rainy night that featured multiple weather delays.
- At home, VT is 1-8 against Duke.
- The programs were played twice during the 2021 season, both at Duke and both ended in Duke wins by scores of 12-8 and 13-7.
A VICTORY WOULD BE…
- Be the Hokies’ third ACC win of 2022, which would be the highest since the 2018 season.
- Be the third ranked win of the season for the Hokies
- Be the first win over a top-10 opponent since Virginia Tech beat No. 8 Virginia 20-15 in 2021.
- Be Tech’s third win under freshman head coach Kristen Skira. The Hokies beat No. 13 JMU in the second game of the season and also toppled No. 15 Notre Dame.
Message from Morgana