Measure what matters to inform action
The World Health Organization invites you to the second webinar on trade determinants of health. This second webinar will present the challenges and cutting-edge empirical science of CDoH, focusing on how healthcare communities, governments, and businesses can approach measurement in CDoH. It will also present approaches that reorient financial indicators towards health, well-being and equity.
Welcome and introductions:
- Etienne KrugDirector, Social Determinants, WHO
- Stephen McFeely, Director of Data and Analytics, WHO
- Kelley Lee, Professor of Public Health, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Monika Arora, Teacher; Director of Health Promotion Division, Public Health Foundation of India; President Elect NCD Alliance
- Tonatiuh Barrientos (Gutierrez)Senior Researcher, National Institute of Public Health, Mexico
- Neena PrasadDirector, Bloomberg Philanthropies Obesity Prevention Program
- Meg Jones MonteiroProgram Director, Health Equity, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
- Theo Vos, Professor, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)
Webinar chair and moderator:
- Rob MoodieProfessor, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Conclusions and Closing
- Monika KosinskaChief, Economic and Trade Determinants, WHO
One of the key priorities identified for WHO is the need to raise awareness and understanding of trade determinants of health, their impact and the effective action of policy makers to address them. Therefore, WHO has launched a series of webinars aimed at a diverse audience that will explore the evidence base on business determinants of health, how they manifest in practice and potential actions at different levels and through different actors.
WHO encourages the participation of a diverse global audience, including public interest civil society organizations, academic experts and students, donors and philanthropic partners, decision makers at national and local levels, staff WHO at all levels, regions and programs and UN agencies.
Registration is open until September 5, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CEST: https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RZGd82kRQ_O5OHhgzkGMBg