Nomi Health Fuels Nation’s Largest COVID-19 Mobile Vaccine and Testing Program | Company
OREM, Utah – (BUSINESS WIRE) – August 3, 2021–
Nomi Health, the direct healthcare company that coordinates COVID-19 screening and vaccination efforts across the country, today announced that it has carried out more than 800 mobile missions to date across the country, bringing the vaccine and COVID-19 testing directly to people in hard-to-reach communities nationwide, from Utah and Colorado to Florida and Texas.
This press release features multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210803005443/en/
Nomi Health powers the country’s largest COVID-19 vaccine and mobile testing program. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The COVID pandemic has brought to the fore the grim realities of health care disparities – disparities that have a significant impact on the well-being of individuals, families and communities across the country,” said Mark Newman, Founder and CEO of Nomi Health. “This is why Nomi has locked arms with our state and county partners who are taking on this challenge to ensure COVID solutions are delivered directly to these communities. In doing so, the mobile program effectively tackles issues ranging from financial insecurity to lack of transportation, which often impedes access to health care. We will continue to work with our partners to also address these disparities in access to health care beyond COVID. ”
“Utah’s COVID response has worked hard from day one to remove barriers that hinder access to care across socio-economic, geographic and demographic lines. Our efforts to bring tests and vaccines directly to our most affected communities are essential to effectively navigate the pandemic in our great state, ”said Governor Spencer Cox of Utah.
Nomi’s fleet of mobile vaccination units have traveled tens of thousands of kilometers across the country, including:
- Utah – where mobile units served areas such as the Utah State Prison in Draper, the Seville Vacation Retirement Community in Orem, migrant communities in several counties, and workers at the most remote manufacturing facilities of State ;
- Colorado, where mobile units served rural and suburban communities at K-12 schools, First Friday Downtown events, and homeless people in downtown Boulder;
- Miami-Dade County, where mobile units served the Robert King High Towers social housing complex in Little Havana and the Mexican Consulate in Miami;
- Texas, where mobile units served essential workers at truck stops in the San Antonio area and rural residents of El Paso County; and
- Nebraska, where mobile units served communities from K-12 public schools to prisons across the state.
For more information on Nomi’s COVID-19 response efforts, visit www.nomihealth.com.
About Nomi Santé
The way we pay for and deliver health care in America today is fundamentally shattered, weighed down by layers of preventable inefficiencies that drive up costs and create unnecessary delays in care. Founded in 2019, Nomi Health is a straightforward healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: to reconfigure the way we pay for and deliver healthcare to create a more profitable – and simply efficient – experience for employers, patients and providers. Our COVID-19 public health testing and vaccination programs are a prime example of a more direct, digitally-focused healthcare model at work. Learn more about www.nomihealth.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210803005443/en/
CONTACT: Jennifer Spoerri
mPR, Inc. for Nomi Health
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEBRASKA FLORIDA UTAH TEXAS COLORADO
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER CONSUMER HEALTH INFECTIOUS DISEASES OF CONSUMERS GENERAL PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Nomi Santé
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/03/21 06:22 / DISC: 08/03/2021 06:22
Copyright Business Wire 2021.