Vaccine verification will impact Kent Parks & Rec programs and facility usage from 25 October
As of October 25, 2021, program participants and clients of the Kent Commons and Kent Senior Activity Center facilities will be required to show proof of vaccination in accordance with the vaccination verification order issued by Public Health Seattle – King County.
Verification will be required to participate in all classes, sports leagues, activities, events, fitness programs, personal services, private rental use or other gatherings at Kent Commons and the Kent Senior Activity Center.
This mandate also applies to performances of the Spotlight series scheduled at the Kent School District Performing Arts Centers.
WHO IS CONCERNED :
- All clients 12 years of age and over must provide verification that they are fully immunized before participating.
- Fully vaccinated means that a person has received all of the required doses of an FDA-cleared COVID-19 vaccine, and 14 days have passed since the final dose.
- Instead of providing a vaccine verification, individuals can provide proof of a negative FDA-approved COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of participation.
- Verification will take place at the facility entry points. Verification is not required for quick and limited purposes such as student deposit, deliveries, or enrollment transactions.
- Youth sports are exempt from this mandate.
- School programs for youth are governed by statewide guidelines and are exempt from this mandate.
- Children 11 and under are exempt from this mandate.
- External programs with less than 500 participants are exempt from this mandate.
- Please note that failure to comply with King County’s COVID vaccination or negative test verification requirement will result in removal from the building.
WHAT CAN YOU USE AS PROOF OF VACCINATION?
- CDC COVID-19 vaccine registration card or photo of vaccine card
- Printed certificate or QR code from MyIRMobile.com
- Other official vaccination record from the United States or outside, including your health care provider.
- Additional ID, such as driver’s license or ID, is not required.
- Note: Medical or religious exemption documents are not accepted.
WHAT TYPE OF NEGATIVE COVID TEST IS ACCEPTABLE AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO PROOF OF VACCINATION?
- Documentation should come from a testing agent such as a lab, healthcare provider, or pharmacy. Self-administered rapid tests (also called home testing) will not be accepted.
- You can show digital or printed documentation of the results of any of the following administered within the previous 72 hours:
- an FDA-approved negative molecular test (also called a PCR test), or
- an FDA-approved negative antigen test (also called a rapid test)
IS THERE A PERIOD OF GRACE BEFORE A 12 YEAR OLD HAVE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION?
- Children aged 12 should be vaccinated, but this mandate recognizes that it takes additional weeks after the age of 12 to complete all vaccines and be fully vaccinated.
- Children up to 12 years old can participate if an adult can state that the child is being immunized.
The vaccine verification order does not replace the mask mandate. Masks are always mandatory in all indoor locations. Verification requirements are an extra layer of protection on top of masks and social distancing.
“Community health continues to be a top priority in all programs and the use of Kent Parks facilities,” Kent Parks said in a statement. “We continue to monitor industry guidelines and best practices and adapt our policies as necessary. Thank you for your support in keeping our community healthy.
For more information please call (253) 856-5000 or email [email protected].